Tuesday, December 4

Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups

 recipe from plainchicken.com

I have been having such great success baking with my muffin tin lately. I have of course been making muffins but have used my tin for less traditional finger foods much more. I think I have used that tin more this last year in my baking than in the last 10 years combined.

I find a lot of great ideas at Plain Chicken and she has never let me down. Here is another great idea for an appetizer or snack. Quick and easy that kids and adults alike will love.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
4 tsp. sugar
4 tsp. mustard
4 tsp. vinegar
4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 TBLS dried minced onion flakes
1 can 10 count regular refrigerated biscuits (not Grand's)
1/2 cup medium cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Slowly cook beef in a large skillet. Drain. Add ketchup, sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and minced onion flakes. Simmer over low heat for 1 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend.

Separate biscuits and place each in an ungreased standard size muffin tin. Firmly press the biscuit dough into the bottom and up the sides of the tins.

Evenly divide the meat mixture between the cups. Top each with the grated cheese.

Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.

Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before removing them from the tin. Use a knife to separate the cups from the tin if needed. 

Enjoy!



No comments: